You might have heard some talks about the benefits of Vitamin D for optimal bone health and several other benefits. Studies and statistics have confirmed that deficiency in Vitamin D could pose several health risks among significant people. You’ve likely wanted to add an adequate dose of Vitamin D to your body? But do you know how do you do it? How you can get them apart from the sun rays? Keep reading below to know more.
About Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin produced in the skin when it gets exposed to sunlight. You can also get Vitamin D from some foods or proper dietary supplementation. Vitamin D is crucial in the calcium absorption and development of strong and healthy bones. It’s also key in some major aspects like avoiding cardiac issues, ensuring healthy blood sugar levels, maintain proper hormone levels and enhancing moods, and helping to keep focus with good memory.
- Sun exposure is the go-to, simple, and trusted channel for the majority of people to get good doses of Vitamin D. Vitamin D levels are stored by body fat at the time of sunlight reception and then used in later periods. But the essential time of exposure changes with skin type, age, season, time of day, overall health condition.
- The problem of Vitamin D deficiency is found in many people without any clue. This is more probable for people who do not get adequate sunlight. Moreover, even people who are residents of sunny regions also may be at risk. This could be their habits of staying indoors for the majority of time during the day, covering the body all the time when outside or usage of sunscreens to avoid skin issues.
- Vitamin D deficiency is highly seen among elderly people as they are less likely to spend sufficient time in the sun. They will have fewer skin receptors to alter the sunlight to vitamin D, do not have much vitamin D-rich food. They might also not be able to convert Vitamin D into a usable form, even if they consume vitamin D-rich foods.
How to get an adequate dose of Vitamin D?
- If you are among the above population who is facing deficiency of Vitamin D, then you are the best candidate for getting Vitamin D injections from a reliable professional. There are several benefits of getting Vitamin D injections. Some of them are:
- Vitamin D aids in the adequate absorption of calcium, which is crucial for bone, and reducing any related bone issues.
- It enhances the immune system functionality that is key for the body to fight against any kind of infection. This plays an important role in the times of global pandemic, Covid-19.
- Deficiency in Vitamin D has shown negative effects among people with colon cancer ailments and their mortality rates.
- Studies have shown that not having adequate doses of Vitamin D could lead to cardiac issues and hypertension. Decreased vitamin D levels are overseeded in obese individuals that could make them susceptible to few forms of cancers and heart diseases.
- Research has shown that maintenance of diabetes could be easy and effective among people taking the proper dosage of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D injections have proved their worth in reducing depression issues.
- Several proven studies indicate that not having adequate levels of vitamin D caused susceptibility to significant cognitive decline, especially with aging people.
- Proper levels of vitamin D levels offer to safeguard against Parkinson’s disease.
- High levels of vitamin D have shown benefits in reducing the risk of initiating issues from multiple sclerosis.
- Vitamin injections have clearly shown their ability to decreases the occurrence of Influenza A, which is key especially in winter seasons.
- The deficiency of Vitamin D enhances the risk for Bacterial Vaginosis, especially in pregnant women.
- Higher vitamin D levels are linked with a reduced risk of pelvic floor issues. They can be annoying with problems causing urinary and fecal incontinence in women.
- Vitamin D injections might offer shielded safety against Age-related macular degeneration in early ages.
- Adequate Vitamin D3 levels might be impactful with individuals having issues related to vitiligo and psoriasis.
How often should you have vitamin D Injections?
Vitamin D injections will be administered as an intramuscular (IM) injection at the arm with typically 300,000 IU of Vitamin D3. The exact amount of vitamin D that an individual takes will be reliant on their age, specific symptoms, medical history, and the initial response from the doses. Some of the requirements of high-dosage instances are as given below.
Elderly people and menopausal women may need more doses of vitamin D. With aging, the skin will lose the ability to produce less vitamin D implying that they will need extra dosages to maintain adequate levels. This is also the same for pregnant women and people with specific health issues who have an inability for proper vitamin D absorption.
Can excess levels of vitamin D cause a problem?
It is evident that taking vitamin D injections includes several health benefits, care should be taken to not do it in excess. It can lead to Vitamin D toxicity or hypervitaminosis D, which in turn can lead to an accumulation of excess blood calcium causing nausea, pain in bones vomiting, or kidney issues. The proven side effects that an individual may experience with excess levels of vitamin D include Loss of appetite, fatigue, Weight loss, frequent urination, weakness, and nausea. Few types of medicines especially steroids may interfere with the metabolism of vitamin D. The cholesterol-reducing medicines and other fat-reducing medicines will reduce the ability of the body for adequate Vitamin D absorption.
Taking unsupervised doses of vitamin D may lead to vitamin D toxicity and additional health issues. It’s key to consult an experienced and skilled doctor about the dosage as per your requirements. The highly certified mother-daughter team at Vida Bella Med Spa is well-versed to treat accurately according to your needs with a guarantee of reliable service.